Last updated on April 1, 2023, version 2.1
R-Indventures Private Limited together with its affiliates (referred to as “we”, “us”, “Pidge”) is the author and publisher of the internet resource (https://pidge.in) on the world wide web as well as other software, services and the mobile application provided by Pidge (referred to as Application, and together with the Website referred to as the Platforms).
(a) Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
(b) Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”); and
(c) Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
(a) The type of information collected from the Users, including sensitive personal data or information;
(b) The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information; and
(c) How and to whom we will disclose such information.
Collection of Personal Information
Generally, our Platforms require us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Platforms, an account must be created to access many parts or services of the Platform. In order to create an account, a mobile number must be provided and verified through multi-factor authentication, including but not limited to verification via OTP. A User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is personal information allowing others, including Pidge, to identify the username, User ID, e-mail address, phone number and password chosen by the User. Both parties undertake to provide accurate information to each other, and the user takes the sole responsibility of the information provided to Pidge and the latter shall not be held liable for any deficiency in case of inaccurate or wrong information. The user may contact Pidge to update the records and accuracy of the provided information at any time.
Other optional information may also be requested during the course of registration or usage of the services. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
(a) Contact data (such as your email address, phone number, and access to your contact book);
(b) Demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
(c)Information provided by you while initiating and operating the services, including, without limitation:
- Search words;
- Services being sought;
- All call and chat history; and
- Any other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters, your work details, your family details).
(d) Other information
- We collect contact information like your name and email address, phone number or mailing address.
- We collect demographic information like your gender, age and language preferences.
- We collect business information if your business enrolls in one of our products, or if your employees or agents use a corporate account to do business with us.
- We collect information you submit or post like feedback, comments about Pidge and services that you submit to us.
We collect other information
If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our mobile apps, we may collect your GPS location. We might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We collect this information using the tracking tools described below. To control those tools, please read the “Your Choices” section.
We collect information in different ways
- We collect information directly from you, your employees or agents or other persons acting on your behalf
- We collect information passively through tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. We also collect information from our mobile apps.
- We get information about you from third parties like authorized licensees or their licensees, or from other third parties with whom we do business. We may get information from persons acting on your behalf, for example if someone makes a delivery booking for you. We may also get information from social media platforms.
- If you are the recipient of any delivery service enabled by Pidge, we may also get your information through vendors or merchants that use the Platform to either completely or partially fulfill such delivery service.
- We combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
The information collected from you by Pidge may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules. Personal information is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. All the information provided to us by a User, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. The SPI Rules further define “sensitive personal data or information” of a person. In the case of our Platform, it would mean personal information about a User relating to:
- Information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- Visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- Call data records
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as personal information or sensitive personal data or information. You understand that Pidge may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules: (a) for the purpose of providing you the Services, (b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, (c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to our advertisement, strategic and marketing partners. Pidge also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Platforms;
- Contacting the User for offering new services;
- Contacting the User for taking feedback or for providing support;
- Analysing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility; and
- Analysing anonymized information for commercial use.
You hereby consent to such use of all such information by Pidge.
- Analysing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility;
- Analysing such information for research and development of new technologies;
- Using analysis of such information in other commercial offerings of Pidge; and
- Sharing analysis of such information with third parties for commercial use.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Services, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain your information for as long as your account on the Platforms is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively or improve the Services, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
Pidge may require the User to pay with a credit card, debit card, net banking or other online payment mechanisms for the Services. Pidge will not collect the User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and cannot use that information in any processes. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process offered by a third-party payment gateway. User’s credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. User is advised, however, to exercise discretion in this regard.
The Platforms may enable a User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized Pidge representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of Pidge, and they are not authorized to bind Pidge to any contract. Pidge hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by Users or visitors in such a manner.
Pidge may periodically ask Users to complete surveys asking about their experiences with features of the Platforms. Our surveys may ask visitors for demographic information such as age, gender, and education. We use survey information for evaluation and quality improvement purposes, including helping Pidge to improve information and services offered. In addition, Users giving feedback may be individually contacted for follow-up due to concerns raised during the course of such evaluation. Demographic information and web log data may be stored for future evaluation and quality improvement activities.
Our Platforms may include social media buttons for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr etc. (“Features”). These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
If you are using the Platforms, with your permission, we will use the geolocation feature of your mobile device or same or similar feature of the device you are using to access the Websites. When you download and use the Application, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier. Pidge does not share your location information with third parties. You may opt out of location-based services on your mobile phone by changing the relevant/ applicable setting at your device level, however it may impair the provision of Services by Pidge to you.
Pidge has implemented international standard market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, Pidge shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services. Pidge will implement reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of Pidge’s business. The reasonable security practices and procedures implemented by us include but are not limited to: encrypting data when it is on the move using industry standard practices, regularly changing production keys and password, secure access to all production servers, performing regular security updates on our servers and more.
Disclosure, use and Distribution of Your Information
To the extent necessary to provide Users with the Services, Pidge may provide their personal information to third party contractors who work on behalf of or with Pidge to provide Users with such Services, to help Pidge communicate with Users or to maintain the Platforms. Generally, these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services to us, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the personal information collected in connection with the provision of the Services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions, to improve our websites, products and services, to customize your experience with us. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security, marketing purposes like sending information about new services and special offers, third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. If you register with us, you consent to receiving promotional emails. You may opt out by responding to these emails. We may also use push notifications on our mobile apps.
- We use information to communicate with you about your account, or our relationship and feedback
- We use information as otherwise disclosed or permitted by law.
We may share information with third parties
- We will share information within the Pidge or with third parties who perform services on our behalf or business partners who help us operate or run promotions of new offerings or promotion offers. Some vendors may be located outside of the country of primary usage.
- We will share information as may be required by law or with investigative or regulatory authorities. We might share information if we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a promotion.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time.
Casual Visitors Note
No sensitive personal data or information is automatically collected by Pidge from any casual visitors, who are merely perusing the Platforms.
EU privacy/data protection rights
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
- Right to information – including contact details to the DPO, the purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
- Right to access the Personal Information that are processed
- Right to erasure (”Right to be forgotten”)
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to Pidge by the EU resident
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless Pidge otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds)
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at email@example.com or contact us at the information provided below.
When working with EU residents in jurisdictions that mandate GDPR compliance, Pidge engages with sub processors for business functions who are GDPR compliant themselves.
Confidentiality and Security
Your personal information is maintained by Pidge in electronic form. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. We take necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of Pidge’s business.
Pidge is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your personal information by third parties outside the scope of our agreement with them. Further, Pidge shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of Pidge including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of internet service or telephone service of the User.
To stop receiving our promotional emails, you can follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of getting MARKETING messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
If a User uses the Platforms after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Platforms, such User hereby provides his consent to the changed terms.
Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Address for Privacy Questions
If you have any grievance with respect to our use of your information, you may communicate such grievance to:
Mr. Ravin Kumar Jhaala
Grievance Officer https://pidge.in
R-Indventures Private Limited
Gowork, 108, Udyog Vihar -1
Gurugram, Haryana – 122016
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org